Following the recommendations from the municipal, provincial and federal governments on the Covid-19 virus, the Lowertown Community Resource Centre is changing its programming for the coming week (March 16 to 20). The situation will be revaluated every week.
What is cancelled:
- March Break Camp at York Public School
- Activities, workshops and community meetings at 40 Cobourg
- The Millennium Centre at the Community House (computer corner)
- All group activities at the Community House (Food programs will still be operating, with some precautions put into place for everyone’s wellbeing)
- EarlyOn playgroups
What is NOT cancelled :
- Food distribution at the Community House will continue to operate with some precautionary measures
- Monday breakfast and Thursday meal at the Community House will be replaced with a «meal to go»
- Intake services
- For Econolodge families (please call (613) 789-3930 to book an appointment)
*For the protection of all, we are taking measures to minimize the risk of contagion: frequently disinfecting all surfaces, following social distancing instructions, and cancelling all assembly / group activities*
What to do if you have symptoms :
Isolate yourself, consult the Ottawa Public Health website and call a health professional / your doctor or Ottawa Public Health (613-580-6744).
The first COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now open. Brewer Park Arena (151 Brewer Way – opposite Carleton University) Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
Who to call if you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 :
First read through the Ottawa Public Health website, if you don’t find your answers, then call TeleHealth 1-866-797-0000.
Link for Covid-19 info sheet (available in many languages) : https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
Number to call if you are in distress:
Distress Centre (24/7) : 613-238-3311
Mental Health Crisis Line : 613-722-6914 or 1-866-996-0991